Beastly

What do you guys expect from us as a forum?

Hey guys, 

This post is for the discussion on what you would like to see on BHL, nothing is considered stupid or irrelevant to us. As most of you may have realised, we are at an all time low when it comes to activity on the forums and we are seeking ways to improve this so your input is vital for us moving forward. 

Please reply to this post with any thoughts you may that could relate to the following:

• What made you come here in the first place?
  • What would you add to the site to make it better?
  • How would you improve activity on the forums and shoutbox?
  • Are the staff members doing enough to keep your attention on BHL?
  • If anything, what would you remove from the site or change to improve it?
  • Have you any interest in becoming a staff member to help us change things? and if so what ideas or skills can you bring to the table?

These are just some guidelines, not a questionnaire of sorts, so please reply below with your thoughts, they would be greatly appreciated amongst us staff!

Thanks, Beastly

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

What made you come here in the first place? to find more friends to game with and talk about video games with
What would you add to the site to make it better? make groups for each game type people like and have weekly meeting to play/talk about whats going on(news with site or recent turnys)
How would you improve activity on the forums and shoutbox? have more events that are just for the forums like word game forums, graphic contests, quizes, hide and seek forums
Are the staff members doing enough to keep your attention on BHL? i dont think so but havent really been around as of late
If anything, what would you remove from the site or change to improve it? i dont really like the ranks for posting as this is a gaming site first, maybe a mix of them
Have you any interest in becoming a staff member to help us change things? and if so what ideas or skills can you bring to the table? i did at one point but staff didn't listen to my ideas or concerns so was more of a headache then it was fun

Edited by Mr 5ketch
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

• What made you come here in the first place?
    • I first came here in 2009 to boost WaW. Wasn't much of a site guy at the time, just wanted to rank up fast. Was not until MW2/BO1 where i got more active on the forums.
  • What would you add to the site to make it better?
    • The site overall is fine. I am use to the layout of these forums (Been here for 9 years). There is really nothing I can think of to make the site "Better" It is perfectly fine the way it is. Besides my SB being messed up at the moment ;).
  • How would you improve activity on the forums and shoutbox?
    • First off is just get people posting on the forums; ask questions, try and gather people up for upcoming games, discuss DLC, glitches, tips and tricks etc. Normally if you want activity to go up, post on the shoutbox whenever you get on the site. Having some activity on the SB when people are on makes it a lot better for newcomers instead of having hour long gaps between SB posts.
  • Are the staff members doing enough to keep your attention on BHL?
    • Yes I believe the staff members are doing an excellent job.
  • If anything, what would you remove from the site or change to improve it?
    • I am use to how things are. The one thing I would propose changing is how the games out laid out on the forums. For example, Instead of having separate forums for Destiny 1 and 2. We could just merge the 2 into one forum and then have sub forums going to each game. Same with BF1 and CoD. There may be a reason why it was made like this but this is just my opinion. I also agree that the ranks could use a brush up. I like that you can achieve a rank via forum post, because it brings up activity. But I would like to see more of a incentive to achieving these ranks. I honestly do not know at the moment how this can be done, I am just throwing the idea out there. Other than that I cannot think of anything that needs changing.
  • Have you any interest in becoming a staff member to help us change things? and if so what ideas or skills can you bring to the table?
    • I have been staff a few times in the past. I would honestly like to take another shot at it. All my ideas are listed above.
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2