TheGamingTray

PUBG (Playerunknown Battlegrounds)

So let me start off by saying that I really enjoyed playing this game. I have many hours on record on Steam and some decent stats. In-fact, I was thinking about buying the game for the other consoles as well! However, it's now my action to stop playing the game and supporting the development of the game. Here's why. 

The game is pushing out updates to try and reach a final version of the game before the end of the year. That's great news! However, what's not great news is that along with these updates is a lack of update that is really important to the future of the game. This is the situation and overwhelming issue with the hackers and/or cheaters. It seems that every game that I join into now has at least one hacker with a aimbot, ESP, auto-fire, or speed hack. This is a major issue, and it has been reported many of times. 

The development team has pushed a recent update to try and solve this hacking issue, but still nothing has changed. Last night, for example, I was enjoying a game of squads with a few buddies and had our game cut short because of a hacker. Bluehole claims that they ban 6,000 hackers a day! However, it doesn't seem that is likely. Instead of worrying about fixing this major issue, they have decided to try and push out more updates to the game such as changes to the blue-zone, releasing a Xbox version, and much more. They are leaving out the PC community by ignoring the cheating that's taking over the game.

They know that the cheating is coming from China in the majority. The main reason for this is pretty clear to me. When a hacker gets banned, he/she can buy the game in China for a fraction of the cost here in the states. This means that by having their account(s) banned, they are able to just buy the game for cheap and carry out their hacking ways. I am willing to bet that Bluehole isn't doing anything about the cheating solely for the fact that they are still generating money from the hackers buying fresh accounts. Of course, this is just speculation and has no ground to stand on. 

My vouch is to never touch this game until they fix this issue. I have un-installed the game from my Steam library and have thought about pursuing a refund if at all possible. I was going to buy a Xbox One S and pick up a copy of PUBG for it sometime in February when I'm in AIT for the Army. However, that has now changed and I'll be spending my money on other great titles such as Call of Duty: World War II. 

What's your thoughts on this?

Do you notice cheaters and the problem it's creating?

Would you support the company/game if they never corrected this issue on PC?

Thanks,

TGT

• Like 1

Nice post! 

I feel your pain, I have put about 400 hours into the game, held the top 1000 spot on the leader boards for 2 seasons in a row and now the game is failing. All these hackers and cheats have ruined it for everyone.

The majority of the hacks are scripted, meaning they use macros to work which some would say isn't a hack. I don't see how they can fix this issue but ban anyone doing it as macros are client side and not server side so they cant just be blocked. I fee like they are pushing for the Xbox release far too much and forgetting about PC, PC gave them the capitol to make bringing PUBG to console possible so they need to respect the players that paid for that. We don't need new guns or maps or vehicles we just need a game that is fair and fun to play. 

I am playing the new COD atm and don't see myself playing PUBG anytime soon, sad as it is an amazing game