Maximus

Having Played The Beta....

Maximus+    511

What are your thoughts on the game?  Are you going to buy it in November?

Personally I really enjoyed the Beta. It was a refreshing change playing with real guns in real settings, without all the jetpacks, lasers and wall running foolishness of the last few COD titles.  Don't get me wrong, for the last 3 or 4 months I liked playing Infinite Warfare, after Sox dragged me into games kicking and screaming. Like most FPS games, it became a lot more fun when gaming and messing about with friends.

WW2 is really a throwback to World at War but with updated graphics, it's back to gritty realism, the sound and handling of the guns is good, the killstreaks look great and I enjoyed the "Play of the game" feature at the end of the match. The class settings are interesting, although I didn't really experiement with a lot of these, preferring to stick with Airborne which had a silencer perk for the SMG.  I'm sure a lot of things in the Beta will be removed or nerfed before release, the shotgun with incendary rounds is way OP with crazy range, same as the shotgun that can snipe a single shot across the map after unlocking it's last perk.

With only 4 maps to play and "Gibraltar" coming up more times than most, it did get a little tedious towards the end of the Beta. I pre-ordered months ago and look forward to playing this with you guys on release (obviously after doing all the daily grind in Destiny 2).

BHL was built on Call of Duty. Looking at my friend stats on Infinite Warfare I can see the vast majority of you didn't even play it.  I really hope WWII brings a lot of you back to the fold, we can find a way to boost the heck out of it and get BHL back to the top of the leaderboards!

Puggle    130

I thought the beta was great. The games I played were extremely fast paced though. It was hard to build up streaks with the amount of changes in game all the time. Other than that small fact, it's really refreshing.

• Like 1

I played the beta for a few hours, and honestly that was all that I could stand. It was refreshing to have different weapons that aren't futuristic, not have jetpacks, no high jumps, and other various crap that they decided to have the past few titles. 

However, I got really bored of the game within a few matches. I tried them all with Team Deathmath, Domination, Mosh Pit, and War. To be honest, War was my favorite game mode just because it reminded me of Battlefield's Rush. But that's the thing, Call of Duty appears to be trying to line up with Battlefield and the style it has. I'm not really digging it, but it's better than what they've done in the past.

Personally I will not be pre-ordering it. I'll probably request it as a gift or something but I'm in no rush to get it. The mechanics of the game just seems off and a little boring. Maybe it's just still in Beta and has many changes to come that will change my mind, but until then I'll sit this one out.

• Like 1