Welcome to BHL Gaming

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Pit Stains

Wrong rank?   07/29/2017

Please contact an MT or post: http://bhlgaming.com/forums/topic/1668887625-missingdifferent-ranks   There was a 'major' software update, and caused BHL Patron, Patriot, Benefactor, Veteran, Elite, Angel of Death, and possibly more to be reset to the ranks based on forums post count.
  • Create an account or sign in to use Babble

You need to be a member in order to be able to chat with other users.

DaRullo58

Making A Change

This might be a long post but please bare with me.

It's pretty obvious BHL has taken a drastic change over the years. Activity gone down, sites boring etc. Whatever you think about the site right now I'm sure we as members can agree

I had a conversation with Pyle and asked him about making this post and with his support here I am .

With the activity being down etc, I'm sure everyone's main concern right now with the site is our "New" Ranking structure. We all were used to the Review system, and yes that had it's flaws but at least there was activity on the forums and on xbox. We as a community, older members and newer ones as well should bring ideas and put give our input in on bringing in a new Rank Structure. If its bringing back the review system, bringing in a Brigade system, or bringing in something completely new and trying that out.

1. Brigade System-  It is one of the most used Rank Structure in any gaming community. Go to any gaming communities forums and I can bet you 9 times out of 10 they are using a brigade of some sort. They all have differences but at the end of the day they all involve a Brigade. Now with that being said, it could be done but the main concern with that is BHL using IPS. Most brigade communities use vBulletion just because it's an easier layout to work with and it is more private for different brigades to have their own forum.

2. Bringing back the Reviews- All of us can say we had a love hate relationship with BHL's old Ranking Structure. Yes it was outdated , but we could always add or take away things from it etc. At the end of the day it did produce activity and was engaging for members. Especially new ones.

3. Another Idea. We could combine a few things together reviews, posts, recruiter etc. **Example** We could have let's say 5non staff ranks. "Members - Private- Corporal- Sergeant - Major" Then have 4 Staff ranks. Honorary Vet- Moderator - MT- Admin * Self explanatory*

Members- Join the site and become active with members etc. When they understand the rules and get familiar with the site they are able to receive a promotion. must have 5 reviews in any game * Promotions are done by Majors only*

Private- After learning the site and helping new members. Privates must wait 2 weeks  have 10 posts and 10 reviews and be consistent with activity to obtain a promotion. . * Promotions are done by Majors only*

Corporal- Corporals help our activity out with a requirement of recruiting at least 2 members a month must have 20 reviews.

Sergeant- Must have 3 recruited members a month and have 25 reviews.

Major- Reviews members, is in charge of overseeing ranks, promotions

I just threw something together as an example nothing to serious about that .

4. We as a community need to bring up ideas together. At the end of the day, the system we have now basically took gaming out of everything. To rank up we have to post, and no gaming is required  there is no point in even being considered a gaming community IMO with the one we have now.

I understand some of you might be confused as to why I made this post, BHL used to be fun to meet new people and game about 4 years ago, I dont want to see it like it is now which is why I hope some of us members can bring Ideas in and Hopefully Sr+ management can review our ideas and come up with something that will help this community. I understand we all have had differences but we all can agree we dont want to see a place where we made good memories and yes, bad as well just be brought down like it recently has.

*** Also, we need new ways of recruiting members again, I had the idea of getting together a media team who are completely responsible for using BHL Twitter, Facebook, Instagram etc. and getting BHL out there again.***

Edited by DaRullo58

No, let's not turn this into a Jesus military type rank structure.

the reason reviews were scrapped is because no one was coming online to get them and instead a LOT of people were using the forums for the bot etc. That was generating a load of site traffic for us. Then that stopped and the site has went back to the way it was between transitioning between the review system and the content system. 

I see where you are coming from, but honestly I'd just go back to the way we were before rather than a military style system. 

In my own opinion, I dont see why we need certain rank structures to change BHL. Our forums page right now is still BHL. We just have to have something that stands out. 

"What makes BHL different from everyone else, that wants people to come to us"? What does the new gaming community do now, thats different than what it was before? 

Well, the bot made us different but all that did was bring people who wanted things from us, and took it and never came back. What can we do to keep members here? 

I rememebr 5 Years ago, I was watching Gaming videos on YouTube and saw that BHL had one out, granted I dont recall what it was for, but it caught my attention. I joined up. DJ Longhorn was the first person I met and Gamed with. He was a Captain at the time. I didnt know he needed to get a quota of reviews, but he was more than welcoming to me, he didnt care about the reviews. He bacame a friend to me. He showed me the ropes around here all those years ago, and I thought BHL was the coolest thing. I wanted to stay here and help grow BHL, and help BHL. I wanted to try and make a difference. 

All Im saying is, I think the issue is, Supply and Demand. 

Edited by Puggle

43 minutes ago, Marty said:

No, let's not turn this into a Jesus military type rank structure.

the reason reviews were scrapped is because no one was coming online to get them and instead a LOT of people were using the forums for the bot etc. That was generating a load of site traffic for us. Then that stopped and the site has went back to the way it was between transitioning between the review system and the content system. 

I see where you are coming from, but honestly I'd just go back to the way we were before rather than a military style system. 

I'm not big into it either , I know some people are so I thought I would mention it and go from there.

I agree, I wouldn't mind going back to the way it was I just think a change needs to happen. Also a few tweaks to the review system would help if you know what i mean.

18 minutes ago, Puggle said:

In my own opinion, I dont see why we need certain rank structures to change BHL. Our forums Please login or register to see this link. right now is still BHL. We just have to have something that stands out. 

"What makes BHL different from everyone else, that wants people to come to us"? What does the new gaming community do now, thats different than what it was before? 

Well, the bot made us different but all that did was bring people who wanted things from us, and took it and never came back. What can we do to keep members here? 

I rememebr 5 Years ago, I was watching Gaming videos on YouTube and saw that BHL had one out, granted I dont recall what it was for, but it caught my attention. I joined up. DJ Longhorn was the first person I met and Gamed with. He was a Captain at the time. I didnt know he needed to get a quota of reviews, but he was more than welcoming to me, he didnt care about the reviews. He bacame a friend to me. He showed me the ropes around here all those years ago, and I thought BHL was the coolest thing. I wanted to stay here and help grow BHL, and help BHL. I wanted to try and make a difference. 

All Im saying is, I think the issue is, Supply and Demand. 

Yeah [patron]Puggle[/patron] I agree . The Bot was big in the community and now its completely dead.  Even if we go back to the old ways im ok with it I just think a few adjustments could be made.

So gonna be brutally honest here.

BHLs activity used to rise and fall by Call of Duty. There's no hiding behind it there's no point trying to say otherwise. Come November the site would be rammed with people, shoutbox was spammed like all hell and come end of summer with people going back to school/college the site would slow down a little.

BHLs downfall has gone hand in hand with Call of Duty's, but also the fact that people have just seemed to have outgrown sites like BHL. 

Granted I don't come on very much, mostly to check to see if the sites still going tbh, but I'd be pretty confident in saying currently most of the active members on here are people that have being around a while and probably in their late teens early 20s.

I really don't think any ranking structure changes is going to make a blind bit of difference.

Best thing to do in my opinion is wait for the launch of the new Call of Duty, branch our properly to all platforms, xBox, PS and PC. Hope the games a hit and try keep the members that will join BHL in November for the games launch around. 

I wish you guys the best of luck with everything 

Edited by lz Rapidz zl

8 hours ago, lz Rapidz zl said:

BHLs activity used to rise and fall by Call of Duty. There's no hiding behind it there's no point trying to say otherwise. Come November the site would be rammed with people, shoutbox was spammed like all hell and come end of summer with people going back to school/college the site would slow down a little.

BHLs downfall has gone hand in hand with Call of Duty's, but also the fact that people have just seemed to have outgrown sites like BHL. 

Granted I don't come on very much, mostly to check to see if the sites still going tbh, but I'd be pretty confident in saying currently most of the active members on here are people that have being around a while and probably in their late teens early 20s.

I really don't think any ranking structure changes is going to make a blind bit of difference.

Best thing to do in my opinion is wait for the launch of the new Call of Duty, branch our properly to all platforms, xBox, PS and PC. Hope the games a hit and trying and keep the members that will join BHL in November for the games launch around. 

Yeah, I agree completely. Hell, I actually stopped gaming for 2 years straight and didn't even get the xbox one until this past November.

19 hours ago, lz Rapidz zl said:

Best thing to do in my opinion is wait for the launch of the new Call of Duty, branch our properly to all platforms, xBox, PS and PC. Hope the games a hit and try keep the members that will join BHL in November for the games launch around. 

Frankly, Dont think that hope is what we need to be looking for. 

Let me be honest here, Ive been talking with a lot of people about the site recently. All of us mainly came to the conclusion that we do need a change. We need a change thats very simple. I really dont want to say it, but frankly, we need people who are still around BHL, to accept change. I dont see many staff around much anymore. But that doesnt mean theyre not here. 

People currently on BHL are all over the place with games. PC, Xbox. Not much PS4. But, its not about Call Of Duty.

Its about getting our name back out there. There is literally no YouTube team anymore. That, Im assuming brought in a majority of people. Our Social medias have not been updated in ages. Supply and demand. Where is all the work that been put into that before?

13 hours ago, Puggle said:

Frankly, Dont think that hope is what we need to be looking for. 

Let me be honest here, Ive been talking with a lot of people about the site recently. All of us mainly came to the conclusion that we do need a change. We need a change thats very simple. I really dont want to say it, but frankly, we need people who are still around BHL, to accept change. I dont see many staff around much anymore. But that doesnt mean theyre not here. 

People currently on BHL are all over the place with games. PC, Xbox. Not much PS4. But, its not about Call Of Duty.

Its about getting our name back out there. There is literally no YouTube team anymore. That, Im assuming brought in a majority of people. Our Social medias have not been updated in ages. Supply and demand. Where is all the work that been put into that before?

The site just needs a whole makeover, I guess you would call it. Rank system, recruiting, update the teams etc

I believe everything that is being handled right this moment is the best. We aren't trying to much but we are doing enough. Meaning...new games come and they go. We have the site, Check! We have Discord, Check!  Yes of course activity is slow, but flow of traffic is coming through and going. So that is there. People stay quiet but are still eye ball on! I say leave everything like it is now, dont try to much and just try some. When we see change we then can cope with it and make changes as well!

I have to agree mostly with Rapid. I do not think that most people who play any kind of multiplayer game care about gaming communities forums and what not. Nor would they care about reviews or post counts and what not. I think that most people just want some good and cool people to play with and enjoy the time with, wether or not it is a gaming community or not. I don't think that a change to the current system should even be on the mind considering the main topic is activity within the community. Not saying that this system or the previous was good or bad but I don't see that as a priority at this point. 

I know I myself have just outgrown gaming TBH. I play every now and again but probably for no more than an hour at a time. That being said, I just recently got EA Access and have been playing star wars battlefront. Haven't gotten to installing Hardline yet but Defo need to, would love to play with anyone who has those when I'm online. 

With everything that has happened, I think that a sense of community within the games is most important. Not the website. The site is secondary IMO. Not saying its not important, but people don't want to come on here just to chat all the time. People want to play. 

I hope all goes well for the future with the community and everyone apart of it, and I wish you all the best and I wish I could be a part of it. 

I might be insanely out of touch, not logging in for some time now. But Ranks can be intimidating to people nowadays. A lot of what I saw back in the day was people wanting to rank up, but became discouraged when there wasn't that many people on to review. Don't get me wrong, I loved going through the process. I was always excited to have something to work towards, but I believe BHL, in it's current state, is unable to accommodate such an environment as of now. 

I've logged in here and there for the past few weeks and it's discouraging to see the last shoutbox messages being sent 3+ hours ago when I want to stop in and say "Hi." I think to new people, it's an immediate turn off. I don't necessarily have a suggestion to fix it, just my observation.

I think looking at ranks is the wrong way to go. Especially when the active members is what makes that system work. I think the main focus needs to be activity. As soon as a new member signs up, even people just talking on the chat box might make them speak up and once they join a game, I truly believe they'll come back for more once they meet the great people that are here.

Just kind of spitballing and pitching in my 2 cents.

I say we just gather everyone's opinions and take it all in. New releases are coming in soon and we still have traffic popping in and out of the forums, discord and etc....Facebook and all can still get back to being active since we have followers. We just need to show activity :P

I just threw suggestions out, I personally don't care about ranking systems etc, but like Brett said, It is aggravating to log on here and see no one on the SB. I remember a time where it was spammed consistently and everyone was around. I don't have a solution to the problem and no one really does, if we did we obviously wouldn't be here right now. I am in the same boat as you guys I rarely play xbox anymore and rarely log onto BHL however, I have had a Madden obsession lately which got me a little more interested in gaming again , COD just isn't what it was and has gone down hill over the years. Whether BHL's problem is rank, advertisement, lack off effort or the site having issues we don't know. We have to come together and try different things to see where it will go. The next COD in November looks some what decent , I personally say we get something planned before it releases and try to fix whatever this is before then.

Like I said, I made this post for opinions on how to fix the site and not just about ranks.