Retribution

Infinite Warfare New Information: Multiplayer, Space Combat, Campaign!

a2a580058a.jpg

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare may have received a lot of hate from the usual quarters on the internet – the debut trailer for the game is currently the most disliked trailer for anything in history on YouTube – but that is not deterring developers Infinity Ward, who are going ahead with the development of what it sounds is the game they have wanted to make for a while now.

Speaking to Forbes, Infinity Ward confirmed that they have wanted to look into the inevitable militarization of space for a while now- and that this is subject matter they will treat seriously, trying to offer the most authentic take on it that they can.

All of this said, Infinity Ward assures players that this will still be Call of Duty first and foremost, and that that is what it will play as- the space setting is there to tell a story, but the game will still retain Call of Duty‘s intrinsic feel. One of the ways Infinity Ward is doing this is by delivering a purely single player campaign, as opposed to the co-op format that Treyarch opted for with last year’s Call of Duty: Black Ops 3.

However, Infinity Ward won’t be ignoring everything Black Ops 3 brought to the table, either. They confirmed that the same chain movement system from Black Ops 3 will transition in some form to Infinity Warfare. They also confirmed that the multiplayer in general will feel a lot like Black Ops 3– which is something that fans of last year’s game will probably appreciate.

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare is due out on PS4, Xbox One, and PC this November.

Please login or register to see this link.

• Upvote 1

My first impressions of this games announcement was pretty much in line with most people. Thought it seemed kinda dumb and that bringing the franchise to space didn't make much sense for CoD. However, after reading into it more and learning a bit more about it, I gotta say, it actually seems like it could be good. Changing up how some things are done isn't always a bad thing for a franchise (and with the CoD franchise as big as it is, it'll just die out if developers just keep making the same stuff year after year). I commend IW for actually having the balls to change up the "formula" a bit.

• Upvote 2

Awards

I agree with ya

4 hours ago, Neuggs said:

My first impressions of this games announcement was pretty much in line with most people. Thought it seemed kinda dumb and that bringing the franchise to space didn't make much sense for CoD. However, after reading into it more and learning a bit more about it, I gotta say, it actually seems like it could be good. Changing up how some things are done isn't always a bad thing for a franchise (and with the CoD franchise as big as it is, it'll just die out if developers just keep making the same stuff year after year). I commend IW for actually having the balls to change up the "formula" a bit.

I agree with you brother.