About This File
Wow this is just unbelievable! iOS 9 hasn’t even been out for a month and we already have a jailbreak for it. Not to mention the iPhone 6S has been out for less than 3 weeks and already can be jailbroken! So in this guide I’ll be showing you how to Jailbreak iOS 9 using the latest version of Pangu for the iOS 9 firmwares including iOS 9.0.2, 9.0.1, 9.0 on all devices listed below. In order to Jailbreak iOS 9, make sure you are updated on the latest 9.0.2 firmware!
- Supported devices:
- iPhone 6S
- iPhone 6S Plus
- iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone 5S
- iPhone 5C
- iPhone 5
- iPhone 4S
- iPad (2, 3, 4, Air, Air 2, mini 1, mini 2, mini 3)
- iPod touch 5
- iOS 9.0.2
- iOS 9.0.1
- iOS 9.0
There are however several things you will need to do before attempting this jailbreak.
- Sign out of iCloud and remove Find my iPhone from your device
- Remove any Touch ID or passcode on your device.
- Back up all of your data in iTunes using a local backup.
- Make sure you have administrator privileges on your Windows PC.
- If your device is loaded up with stuff, try to free up some data before attempting this Jailbreak iOS 8.4 method.
- Make sure your device is trusted by iTunes/your computer.
- Place your device into airplane mode.
- (OPTIONAL IF ERROR OCCURS) Make sure you have downloaded and installed iTunes 12.0.1 for older graphics card (Link Below)
- This is windows only for now and works on Windows 8 or 10
- Make sure latest iTunes 12.3 is installed and your device has been trusted!
To DOWNLOAD Pangu 1.2.0 for Windows, SCROLL UP AND CLICK GREEN DOWNLOAD BUTTON ON THE RIGHT
iTunes Driver Hasn’t Been Found ERROR Fix Download HERE: iTunes 64Bit Driver DL
(OPTIONAL) DOWNLOAD iTUNES 12.0.1 HERE: iTunes 12.0.1 Downgrade Link
How To: Jailbreak iOS 9 on Windows
Step 1. Connect your device to your computer and make sure it has been trusted.
Step 2. (Optional) Install the iTunes for older graphics cards, you can just run on top of iTunes, no need to uninstall old version.
Step 3. Extract and right click Pangu 1.0.1 and select ‘Run as administrator’. Unplug and replug your device after loading is complete.
Step 4. Click on the “Jailbreak” button to begin the jailbreak iOS 9 process. It will take a few minutes. Make sure to follow all on screen prompt instructions. Such as reenabling airplane mode, opening the Pangu app and enabling support for accessing photos.
Step 5. You are done! Your device will restart and you will need to open Cydia and let it prepare filesystems. Once done, you are complete and have completed your Jailbreak iOS 9 process!
Step 7. To complete the Jailbreak iOS 9 process make sure to install all updates in Cydia and search for “Cydia Substrate” and install it in order to download tweaks.
How To Update & Jailbreak iOS 9 If on iOS 8.4 or lower
1. Update to iOS 9 using iTunes. Do NOT update from OTA settings on your iPhone.
2. Follow the procedure up above.
3. All Done! Enjoy!
What's New in Version v1.2.0
- V1.2.0 (2015-10-27)
- 1. Bundle latest Cydia with new Patcyh which fixed failure to open url scheme in MobileSafari
- 2. Fixed the bug that “preferences -> Storage&iCloud Usage -> Manage Storage” keeps spinning
- Notice: Please update "Pangu 9.0.x Untether" and "Patcyh" in Cydia if your device is already jailbroken, without the need to re-jailbreak it
- V1.1.0 (2015-10-21)
- 1. Improve the success rate and reliability of jailbreak program for 64bit devices
- 2. Optimize backup process and improve jailbreak speed, and fix an issue that leads to fail to jailbreak due to low disk space in Windows.
- 3. Fix a bug that leads to an exit of the jailbreak tool due to abnormal network status.
- 4. Add the re-jailbreak function (only for some devices that were upgraded via iTunes but were detected as jailbroken)
- 5. Fix a bug that leads to fail to use the instrument function in Xcode.
- Notice: Please update "Pangu 9.0.x Untether" in Cydia if your device is already jailbroken, without the need to re-jailbreak it
- V1.0.1 (2015-10-15)
- 1.Fix a bug that leads to 0A error code.
- 2.Fix failure of launching on some PC.
- 3.improve success rate.
- 4.Ensure the removal of the Pangu app.
- V1.0.0 (2015-10-14)
- 1.Initial version